This is a large site which has diverse operational functions, from production and manufacturing areas, to warehouse and distribution.
The successful candidate will be required to ensure that all areas of the site are kept clean and tidy, clear of debris and always adhere to site rules and procedures including wearing the correct PPE and being aware of Health & Safety requirements.
Duties and responsibilities
Whilst maintaining a safe and clean environment by complying with procedures, processes and regulations, the following forms part of the responsibilities of the role:
- Ensure that production units, warehouses, staff facilities, offices and laundry areas are clean and tidy.
- Ensure that all cleaning procedures are complied with.
- Ensure that cleaning chemicals are used and diluted safely.
- Ensure that cleaning chemicals and equipment are stored safely.
- Ensure that all cleaning records are completed fully.
- Ability to understand ratio quantities of cleaning products required.
- Cover for other members of the facilities team as required, including laundry.
- Carry out any reasonable task as requested by unit supervisor or manager.
- Any H&S concerns must be reported to the Technical manager immediately.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Ideally (but not essential) experience of working/cleaning in a warehouse/food environment
- Flexible & Self-motivated
- Good communication skills – including having a level of spoken English that allows you to carry out the role effectively, safely and allows you to understand any signs around site or instruction given relating to Health & Safety.
You will need to be self-motivated as this is a fast-paced, 25 Acre site, you will need a moderate level of fitness and good health to enable you to carry out your tasks safely.
Full time position – 40 hours per week
Job Type: Full-time