The role of warehouse operative involves a broad range of duties. These can span from shipping and receiving to inventory to paperwork to forklift operation, checking for damaged goods, and general organisation.
You will be working both alone and as part of a team with efficiency and commitment to complete your work and to maintain performance targets.
Duties and responsibilities
Whilst maintaining a safe and clean environment by complying with procedures, processes and regulations, the following forms part of the responsibilities of the role:
- Loading and unloading delivery vehicles and tankers, by hand or with a forklift truck
- Picking and packing products, involving a substantial amount of manual handling including bending, stretching, stretching, reaching and lifting
- Keep the stock date rotated where required
- Ensure all pallets are clearly labelled and kept covered
- Sorting and placing materials or items on to racks and shelves
- Collecting items throughout the warehouse, preparing and completing warehouse orders for delivery or pickup according to a schedule
- Ensure that all raw materials have a certificate number and inform the appropriate person if not
- Complete paperwork fully, as required
- With heavy equipment in operation, following workplace health & safety rules will be essential
Qualifications and Competencies
- GCSEs or equivalent required (ideally including English and Maths but not essential)
- Ideally (but not essential) experience of working in a warehouse environment
- Forklift Truck Certificate
- Good organizational skills
- Flexible and willing to take on a variety of tasks
You will need to be self-motivated as this is a fast-paced environment and you will need a moderate level of fitness to enable you to carry out your tasks.
Hours of Work:
Day Shift: Monday – Thursday 08.30 – 17.15
Friday 08.30 – 16.00